Making individual albums for each of my three children was going to be incredibly time consuming so I made a themed set of three albums that each of them could have copies of.
- Finding Your Feet – images of them as babies and young children
- Using Your Feet – images of them growing up
- On Your Own Two Feet – images of all three as older teenagers and young adults with their new partners
My heading type was not consistent on all three the books. Lesson learned to check and double check before ordering!
- I used a double page spread for themes e.g. bedtime, snow, wheels, playing games, birthdays, outdoor activities, sport, special celebrations and made sure each child was represented at some age.
- Snapfish allows for different colour page backgrounds. I kept the colour consistent within each book but used a dark grey background for the pages of the middle book.
- I choose the simplest layout possible for my chosen images
- Below is a screen shot of a page layout in my Snapfish account
- I upload images to Snapfish in batches (and go off and do another task in the meantime) because uploading is time consuming
- Be sure to load the images at highest quality
- My album included some images taken on a cell phone. Snapfish gives a helpful warning if the size chosen will lead to poor quality print
Next post: Travel Photo books